anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

What's going on in our neck of the woods?

I haven't really had any time to blog lately because we have been so busy. This morning Jon & I were up bright and early to be one of the first church groups to drop off our Operation Christmas Child boxes at the Rose Hill Regional Collection Center. We are so excited that Trinity Presbyterian has gotten on board with this wonderful outreach ministry. Last year was our little church's first year to put together boxes, and we had 82. This year was our second time to do it, and we had 128 boxes! I just can't tell you how pleased I am that it has been such a success!
This was my 10th year to be involved with filling shoe boxes. It has been a wonderful tradition in mine and Jon's house that we have been doing together since we first got married. Jon & I got married November 19, 2004, just a week before our church at the time collected the boxes. Like most newlyweds who are still in school, we didn't have a lot of money, but as soon as we got back from our honeymoon, we went out & bought our first Christmas Tree & 4 plastic boxes, 2 we filled with boy toys & the other 2 with girl toys.
Speaking of our wedding date, you might have noticed that Jon & I are just a few days away from our 6th anniversary. How does it happen so fast? WOW!
So, in honor of our upcoming anniversary I will tell you the best part of our marriage is the way we always have something to laugh about with each other. These are 6 of our all time funniest moments!
1. A few years ago on our way back from South Padre we had a flat tire & Jon got so sweaty putting the donut on that he took his shirt off. We get down the road about 10 miles, & come to a US citizen check point. Lots of the cars are just being waved through, but we got asked to stop. The border patrol looks at us & asks Jon if he is an American citizen (yes I know that my Italian husband looks Mexican when he is tan). Jon's immediate response, "Si!" Oh my goodness! I almost killed him! I think the officer could tell by my face that someone was about to get it, so he waved us on through. It wasn't funny at the time, but now it is one of those things we crack up about.
2. In the middle of a conversation about kid names I had a blonde moment & said, "If you're going to call a boy Dick, then don't name him Robert!" (I don't think that one needs any further explanation)
3. On that same previously mentioned trip to South Padre we were riding along, and out of no where Jon just blurts out, "Ocean fish have teeth."
4. One day I decided to take up the tile in Jon's bathroom. Without having a clue what I was doing I took a hammer & went to pounding the old porcelain tile up to dust! I had gotten about 3 square feet done when Jon came in to find me in a cloud of dust with a really bad hurting elbow. I soon learned there was a much easier way to get up tile that didn't even create a lot of dust.
5. We were looking at Christmas trees in Target, & Jon said, "I like this one, look it has Coney Maronies on it!" (pine cones)
6. On the 4th of July just after we moved in our house & we hadn't gotten the carpet up. I had the "Brilliant" idea to light a sparkler in the living room.... I'd seen it in a movie OK!! Well one of the sparks hit my hand, and I dropped the Sparkler & singed the Carpet right in front of the fireplace. Jon was watching the whole episode completely stunned because he couldn't believe what his pyro wife was doing!
& 1 to grow on...
Last night I had to stop Jon in his tracks because he was about to spray his toothbrush with Lysol! He thought that since he's been sick he needed to disinfect it. Luckily I got to him just in time & introduced him to my bottle of Listerine that I use to soak my retainer in.
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!











4 comments:

  1. A early congrats on 6 years!!! It is crazy how time flys by us! I hope yall have many more funny years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy early anniversary! 6 years, WOW!
    Scott also looks like a Mexican and we have a funny stories from our trips to Mexico.
    Fun stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe its been 6 years. Brian and I celebrate 5 in January and yes does it ever fly by!!
    Happy Anniversary to you guys! Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails