anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 26, 2011

Visions of Pooh Bear Dancing in my Head

I mentioned before that I've decided to go with a Winnie the Pooh theme for our baby boy's nursery, so I thougth I'd share some of the projects I've completed thus far...

So far I've finished 2 watercolor paintings for Wilson's nursery. I plan on doing at least 2 more because I want to include Eeyore, Piglet, Kanga, & Roo. I named the top one "Hey there Long Ears!" & the bottom one "Silly 'O Bear!"

This morning I made the little man this night light (in between cleaning the back porch, vacuuming the house, & doing 2 loads of laundry).

A few weeks ago I drew Owl, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, & Piglet around this tree that I oil painted earlier this summer (oil paint takes an eternity to dry). I took the picture above just before I started mixing paint & got to work tonight. I was really in the mood to paint tonight, so I was able to do 2 characters (Pooh & Owl). They're going to need another layer of paint, but once again I'll have to wait at least a week for the first layer to dry. As you can see Owl is in the top of the tree & Pooh is floating by balloon up to the bee hive. You can't see my sketches, but Tigger is hopping down on the lower left side of the tree, Piglet is fretting on the right side looking up at Pooh, and Eeyore is sulking right beneath the center. So far the most difficult thing about this picture is dealing with the awkward size of the canvas. It's long & skinny, so it doesn't work well on an easel, and it hangs off the table. I'm constantly having to turn it a different direction to work on another spot (& most importantly keep my hand out of the wet paint). I can't wait to see how everything turns out when I finish, frame it, & actually get his room together ;)

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails