anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just 1 Question....


Who are these people & what are they doing living in our house? I forgot which baby product commercial it was, but the last line says, "Having a Baby changes Everything." Seriously, whoever said it was a total genius / prophet / must have gone through this whole crazy thing too. The above picture was taken a little less than a month ago when we went to Jon's brother's Texarkana wedding reception.

There have been a lot of little changes for us. This Dr. Pepper-aholic hasn't been able to stand the taste of anything but Yellow Gatorade for almost 4 months. We now have someone else to talk to, and talk about besides ourselves, the store, & our furry children. Every morning before Jon goes to work, he gives me a kiss & says he loves me like always, but now he also rubs my tummy & says, "I love you too Wilson." It always makes me smile, and I think Wilson likes it too ;) Most nights we go to bed earlier, and we both sleep a lot lighter. Jon is on constant alert mode, every time I wake up to use the restroom or throw up, he's wide awake to see if every thing's alright. When we go out to a store neither of us ever really wants to get anything for ourselves, instead we always end up in the baby section, and not just the baby section, but the Baby Boy section.

Another big change is that everything is measured in weeks. When I was younger it would drive me crazy when you'd ask a pregnant person or a new mom how far along they were or how old their baby was, and they'd spout off something like, "14 weeks." I would think "OK... Can you not use months anymore because now I'm having to divide this out!" Now I'm doing the same thing. For those of you who understand "Momspeak" I'm 9 days away from 20 weeks. For the rest of the normal population that means 9 days away from 4 1/2 months. I'm 9 days away from the official half way mark!

I still don't really look pregnant, I'm 10 pounds less than I was the day I found out I was expecting, and I'm still throwing up a lot. Jon has dark circles under his eyes, and I'm just hoping that before this is over Wilson & I won't give him any gray hairs! In spite of it all, you won't meet two happier people!

Wilson is doing great, and we're both very excited about our little man.

2 comments:

  1. I love your precious perspective on life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay..so I am praying that you repeat what me and J man did..and that is...that on they Day week 20 hits..you wake up a new person!!!

    I cooked so much food that night for Brian that he had no doubt that I was better...I am soooo praying that for you...so you can TRULY enjoy the 2nd half of pregnancy. Remember to text or chat any time if there is anything I can do!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails