anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Something Old & Something Blue


No... I'm not talking about a wedding. I know Wilson isn't due for a while, but I'm so excited about the little outfit that he'll be coming home from the hospital in, so I just had to write a post about it.

Since we found out that we were having a baby, Jon and I both agreed that we want to use and hand down as much from our families, & our childhoods as possible. For someone that isn't even born yet, Wilson already has an impressive collection of Jon's & my favorite children's books. There's just something about being able to watch more than one generation get to use and enjoy the same thing that just makes me happy. Luckily both sets of our parents are the sentimental types that have saved a lot of our things. This brings me to the outfit we're bringing our little man home from the hospital in. If you've followed my blog, you've actually seen this outfit before in the post I wrote last year about Jon's adoption, you can view that post here http://bowiecountyhousewife.blogspot.com/2010/08/september-1-1982.html

One of the first things I thought of when it registered in my mind that we were having a boy, is he's got to have the outfit Jon wore the day his parents picked him up from Edna Gladney. Jon's parents had been on a couple of adoption agency waiting lists for almost 3 years when they got the call that they had a son, and they could come pick him up. They didn't have a single thing for him, so when they got to Fort Worth they stopped at a store, and picked up this outfit. When they got to Edna Gladney, the nurse took the outfit, and shortly afterwards returned with 14 day old Jon to meet his parents for the very first time.

I do realize that it is a summer outfit, and Wilson is going to be born in the middle of winter. I will simply bundle him up in the beautiful thick silk shawl that MayMay (my grandmother who is no longer with us) made for me to wear when I left the reception on the evening of mine & Jon's wedding. I remember when MayMay made it, she and my mom talked about how one day I could wrap my baby up in it when I brought him or her home from the hospital. Even now I can hardly think about it without getting a little teary eyed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this!! We had Jack's 6 month pictures taken in 2 different outfits. One was an outfit that Granddad and Grandma Noss brought back from Guatemala 38 years ago. Brian had his 6 month pictures taken in it, as did his brother and our nephew Zach so there really wasn't an option for Jack.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails