anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September 1, 1982

28 years ago, a 14 year old girl whose name we don't even know did one of the hardest things a person could ever do. She gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, and gave him up for adoption. I know that where ever she is, and how ever her life may have changed since then, I'm certain that September 1st is a day that always stands out in her mind. If I could, I would love to tell her, Thank You for the choice you made, Mickey & Jan are great parents, and they raised him to be an amazing man. I couldn't ask for a better friend, and I'm so happy to call him my husband. He loves the Lord, and does so much to help others. So... since it's his birthday I thought I'd share a few pictures of the love of my life through the years....







This is the first picture in Jon's baby book. It all started with a phone call September 14th (the phone booth Mickey was at when Jan gave him the news... "We've got a boy!")


September 15 At Edna Gladney in Fort Worth, the nurse brought out Jon & gave him to Mickey. This is the 1st picture of Little Jon! What an awesome moment, we all get teary eyed everytime we hear the story.


Love at first sight! You can tell Jan can't wait to get to hold him for the first time!


Jon & his little brother David doing their daily wait for Dad he's on his way home.


The Boys


A robot & a dinosaur for halloween


Little bitty Football Player!


Jon & his first ride... The Amigo!High School Graduation



Our Wedding Day


Jon being "Michael Corleone" on our 1st Anniversary

At Amy & Brian's Wedding

Jon's College Graduation - Cum Laude Honor Grad

At the Peabody in Memphis when we went to a friend's wedding.

Mom & Jon in London


Giving our friend a boost so she could sit down in Paris

Jon in Pisa
Jon on the Isle of Capri, in Italy







3 comments:

  1. such a sweet post! happy birthday to jon! i have to admit i got a little teary eyed on the pictures of his parents holding him for the first time. that's so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAN! What a wonderful post. I have known this story all my life but it just made the tears flow seeing the pictures and reading it. Seeing the looks on Mickey and Jan's face... AMAZING. Hope you had Great birthday Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jenni & Amy. I couldn't help but cry as I sat at the computer writing it. I've wondered so many things. Who was with his biological mother when she gave birth? What was going on during those 2 weeks between when he was born, and when Mickey & Jan got him? There is just something about adoption that is so special. Mickey and Jan have said before that it was great when David was born, but there is nothing that compares with being given a child that you didn't even know existed until the day before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails