anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

When I grow up....

We all watched Home Alone with Macaulay Culkin... at least I hope you did or I'm going to assume you missed the entire decade of the 90s. One of the funniest lines from that movie is, "When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone!" I do have a point. The coolest thing about being a grown up is actually doing some of the things you always wanted to when you were a kid. Now I never had any plan to " get married & live alone," but there are other things. Sometimes I think Jon and I are just reliving our childhood, but without as many rules.
Can you think of any parent in their right mind that would sit down and cut open 6 Popsicles for their 5 year old to eat before brushing their teeth, and going to bed??? No way, but that is exactly what I did tonight! LOL! :) My teeth started hurting from my braces, and the cold really makes them feel better, so I had two of these babies.
Those two tasted, and felt so good that I proceeded to eat 4 more! As a kid I must have consumed hundreds of these things. I hadn't had one in 14 to 16 years until earlier this summer when I was visiting with my little cousins. When Addison came out bringing me one, I was a bit hesitant because who knew if the company might have been bought out, or changed the formula, or even worse... Added Splenda (gag!). I was so happy because, believe it or not, they still taste the exact same as they did back in 1986! In a world full of change, this is one thing that has remained the same, and I'm pretty glad about it.
Tonight while I was eating my 4th Popsicle I got this warm fuzzy feeling, that if the 7 year old version of myself could see me now, I think she'd give me a snaggle tooth grin, and a thumbs up! That's a pretty cool feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails