anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Architecture & Scenery- Santa Fe, Glorietta, & Taos


































I just got back today from our wonderful trip to New Mexico. The weather was perfect! Believe it or not, there are places in this world where summers don't get up to 118* heat index. If we had taken our little furry family along with us, there is a strong chance that we wouldn't have come back. The highest temperature was 78* while we were there, and when we went up to the ski slope area it was 51*!! I've been there two other times on ski trips with our youth group, but we didn't do a lot of sight seeing, and everything was covered in snow. This made it feel like I was really seeing it for the first time. It was Jon's first time to go out West of Fort Worth, TX. If you ever go, I recommend staying at The Old Santa Fe Inn. Every morning they had the best complimentary breakfast burrito bar. This is my 99th post, so I decided to give you a taste of New Mexico, and save the BEST for my next post.... Coming tomorrow... My 100th post will be.... The ART of NEW MEXICO. I'm excited! Even now, I'm trying to decide what pictures are going to make the final cut. There were so many beautiful things to see, and fun things to do. It is really romantic, and I couldn't help but think several times that there is a lot of things about the countryside around Taos and Santa Fe that remind me of Tuscany. If I were getting married during the hot summer months I would definitely put Santa Fe among my top choices of places to go on a honeymoon.

Black Mesa Winery - Home of Black Beauty Wine (it has a delicious slight chocolate undertone!)

1 comment:

  1. I like Black Mesa Winery but I also love Vivac Winery. Their tasting room in between Santa Fe and Toas at Embudo. The two guys who own it grew up there and are raising their grapes on Daddy's farm. Each married and brought a girl back. One is a phenomenal artist (I have one of her originals) and the other is a chocolitier. Unfortunatly, I gobble up her work everytime I drive out of the parking lot there. We are planning another trip there in the fall......care to join us? We will stay in Red River and Ride up the mountain to Goose Lake!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails