anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

100th Post! The Art of New Mexico






















I can't believe I'm already at my 100th blog post. I started this blog because to me it is a lot cleaner way to "scrapbook" things. Although I am an artist, I absolutely can't stand all the mess that scrapbooking with little stickers and paper ziblets can create. I can say I did honestly give it a try, but it didn't take long for me to decide... Not for me! Don't get me wrong, I have seen some people who make amazing scrapbooks that are absolutely beautiful, and I would love for someone else to take all of my pictures and fix them up for me, but if I'm going to make a mess... Let it be a paint mess!

I want to thank everyone who follows my blog, and let you know that I read every one of the comments you leave me! Lots of times I will write a response under the post you leave me, so check back, or leave me a message on facebook.

I'm really glad that my 100th post fell right after my trip to Santa Fe & Taos so I could share some pictures with you of one of the things I love most... ART! Santa Fe is the number 2 best place to buy and sell art in the country. #1 is New York, #2 Santa Fe, & #3 Los Angeles. On Canyon Rd. alone, there are over 100 galleries, and over 400 all together in Santa Fe. Jon and I really loved it there, who knows maybe I'll find a way into one of those galleries one of these days :) I have tried to include the artists' names on the paintings that I know, but some of the artists were street sellers that I am not familiar with. I hope you enjoy a few of my favorites.


If you go to Santa Fe, of course you've gotta see some Georgia!

This was her Abstraction Exhibit! My second time to visit her Gallery!

No photography allowed, so here we are outside. Oh well I've got books

full of her work to look at whenever I want.


Miguel Martinez


Harry Greene



Kim D. Wiggins (I loved his work, and since I wasn't

allowed to take a picture in the gallery I uploaded one!)

Romero Britto (You may know him from Betthany Getting Married)

R.C. Gorman (hard to get a good shot with the glass)

A famous Navajo artist

I got to meet & visit with Inger Jirby

She's quite famous - doing this years Art Pilgrimage of New Mexico Poster

I wish I'd taken my Art Journey of New Mexico with me, so she could have

signed her entry.

Me & a really cool horse painted by Inger Jirby

Diego Lukezic (I love this bad little dog!)



If I had the big buck, this Bronze Indian Statue would be in my Formal Living Room!

What is this beauty doing outside???? Look at that Quilt! Breathtaking!





I can just imagine gazing up at this in my bedroom!



Navajo Painted gourds Jon got me one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails