anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hodge Podge

I decided to post a few random pictures of some of my favorite things. They are in no particular order, so that's what makes this a bit of a "Hodge Podge" post.



My favorite store! Harrods!
My favorite salad plates (Mom got them for my birthday)

Isaiah 30:21

My favorite verse in the Bible branded into real leather.

This was my 16th Birthday Present. My favorite car! I love London Taxi cars!
My favorite chairs (found them at a thrift store!)
I love embroidered dish cloths!
Favorite picture I've ever taken of Bell Peppers




Favorite brooches
My favorite wedding and engagement rings!
My favorite picture of all time!

The day my little sissy was born!

(Mom has her arms around Me and Jordan)
My favorite new stockings for my favorite Holiday!
Favorite Antique Children's books

(I found these babies in Mineola, TX for a steal!)






My favorite painting! The scandalous "Olympia" by Edouard Manet!

In a time when it was "against the rules for a nude in a picture to

look out of the painting," Olympia gazes out at you with nonchalance, as

her servent presents her with a bouquet.

It depicts a time that has long been pardon the play on words...

"Gone with the Wind."

I love the bold colors in the picture, and the way the sheets look real enough to touch.

Something about this picture is just so striking when you see it in person.

Perhaps because she is life size!

Or maybe it is the way her eyes seem to follow you as you cross the room.

Most people don't notice, but there is a black cat a the foot of her bed,

which was considered the symbol of prostitution.

It wasn't until recently that people started thinking of them as "bad luck."
When this painting was first produced, it caused real live honest to goodness riots,

and several people tried to destroy it and set fire to the gallery it was in.

I'm so glad they were not successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails