anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Some Enchanted Evening

Tonight was a pretty good night. Jon and I went on what we like to call "our old newly wed date." A newly wed date involves going to Chili's and sharing an entree'. There are several reasons the Trammell newly weds would do this... 1) To try not to put on too many pounds 2) Like most newly weds we were trying to save our money so we could get a house or go somewhere 3) Chili's is Jon's favorite 4) We used to live really close to it. 5) It was also one of the only places still open when we would get out of our night classes while we were still in college. We don't eat there very often anymore, but it was really good tonight, and it made us both feel kind of sentimental.
After dinner, we went to McDonald's, and each of us got a free Wild Berry smoothie. I think I may have broken some sort of record for the number of free smoothies I drank this past week. All together I had 6 free smoothies, and bought 2 large ones. That's 8 smoothies all together! Unfortunately this extravaganza is at it's end because we used the last of my free coupons tonight :( Looks like I'm going to have set some sort of alarm so I'll remember to go between 2 & 5 when they're half price.
As you can see I'm not exactly full of news at the moment. Something about the heat index getting up to 118* today has me wilted.
One exciting thing I can report is... My Mom has started blogging! I know, pretty cool huh? I'm proud to be her first follower, if you want you can check her out. Her blog is Good Ole Garvin Gal (You'll find a link over to the right). She introduced me to some really great blogs today that she has been following for a while, so I'm going to have all sorts of new decorating inspiration if it will ever get cool enough for me to care what my house looks like. My Mom is an artist, and has been cranking out a whole lot of abstract stuff lately. This isn't all of it, but here is a taste of what she has been doing this summer...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails