anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Favorite Place... So Far



My favorite thing to do is travel. Luckily my parents were the kind that took my sister and I everywhere. Jordan and I have gone to many places where we were the only kids anywhere. I'm really thankful they took us along, because we learned so much from traveling. When you go somewhere different, your eyes are opened to different food, scenery, lifestyles, and cultures.

The BEST vacation we ever took was to The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan. There are no cars allowed on the island, so everyone gets around on bicycles or horse and buggy. In the evening there is a dress code. Women must wear a nice dress or dress suit, and men must wear a suit and tie. Beautiful music played by a violinist and pianist flood the entire hotel. The dining hall is one of the longest in the world, the front porch is the longest, and at night there is a full band, and a dance floor filled with couples. The hotel has 385 rooms, and no two are decorated the same. The movie Somewhere in Time was filmed there in 1980. It was a very appropriate film for the location, because when you're there you feel like you've stepped back into 1910. The island is covered with little romantic hidden alcoves here and there. When we went I wasn't very old, but I remember so much about it. Now that I'm an adult, I'd like to go back and share it with Jon. I had always dreamed of going there on my honeymoon, but since Jon and I got married in November we weren't able to because it is closed from October to the middle of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails