anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Russian Nesting Dolls

I can't think of a single little girl in this world that doesn't or wouldn't love playing with Russian Nesting Dolls. When my sister and I were little I remember playing with a set that my mother had, and then she bought a couple cheaper sets that had animals and such painted on them. I could sit and stare at all of the beautiful colors and scenes painted on each one forever! My favorite ones were always the little bitty tiny dolls. My aunt Jamie has a gorgeous set of royal blue nesting dolls that that start out a foot tall, and go all the way down to half an inch. She kept them in a hutch because they were a gift from her mother-in-law when she lived in the Ukraine. For many years I would sit in her living room, and just stare at them. I can't tell you how hard it was for me to not give into temptation, and take them off with me to play. Thinking of it makes me laugh because I bet my aunt actually has no idea how much fascination I had with them. Even as an adult I still love them! A few years ago I received a small set of black nesting dolls from my other aunt Frankie as a Christmas gift after her trip to Prague. With that bit of background information I think you should understand what inspired me to paint this piece.




1 comment:

  1. He was a really good man , he had Russian nestin dolls .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails