anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 16, 2010

Sylvia Strikes Again

Those of you who have been following should remember the brooch bouquets I did, and the fabulous picture of me in my finest Sylvia Weinstock glasses, but in case you don't or you're just joining, then click on the my June posts and read the entry titled Mom's Brooch Bouquet. Well the inner "Sylvia" has struck again. Check out what I made tonight! While cleaning I discovered this bag of silk butterflies. Most of them had messed up broken wings, but with a little hot glue and TLC I think I've been able to revive most of them.
I hope you like them :) They're so bright and colorful that it makes me happy just looking at them. Oh speaking of Happy this is a new art book that I got yesterday by Romero Britto. I also got another Art book about New Mexico Artists I love this piece called The Daydreamer by Miguel Martinez





Here is a painting I did a couple days ago. It is acrylic, and the picture is simply something I came up with when I started painting. The most enjoyable part was doing the sunset. It was more for fun than anything else. As you can tell it is not a very technical piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails