anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 10, 2010

People Watchin

The only thing more fun than people watching is... people watching in an international airport with a zoom lense! We saw these stewardesses and pilots at DFW. What are they doing??? They're watching Football "soccer." South Korea held Uriguay pretty close until the very end. This bunch was about to have to take a 17 hour flight to Seoul, Korea. I have to admit I couldn't help wanting South Korea to win too (Mainly because I wanted to see their reactions). It was the first time I have been interested in a soccer match since the US women won at the World Cup in 1999, and Michelle Akers (the really tall chick with big hair) threw off her shirt and ran around the field in celebration. I watched that game while I was in between matches at Fort Smith Arkansas. That was a good day, because it's also the day I finished off my tournaments, and was declared the #1 female tennis player in the state of Arkansas 16 year old division USTA. I'm ashamed to say I haven't played much tennis since I got out of high school, but I still love the sport. Thanks to hurting my right knee I'm not half the runner/player that I once was, but I can still wipe the floor with Jon ;) Poor Southpaw has a hard time learning how, and teaching him is totally backwards.

1 comment:

  1. Jacqueline: Why am I not surprised that you are a superb tennis player. Well, to be the #1 tennis player in Arkansas when you were 16 tells me something!!! Here's something you'll be surprised about me. I told your mom about our lovely country pub but forgot to tell her we didn't move there until I was 16. Before that we lived in a dingy pub in the middle of Liverpool - When I was a little girl, I lived thru the blitz. Liverpool was a major seaport and we lived just a few miles from the docks. what I'm getting at is I don't think I even saw a tennis court until we moved to our lovely country pub a few miles outside of Liverpool. But I didn't play tennis - I joined the Merseyside Wheelers and became a racing cyclist - so much fun. We'd cycle all over Wales and half of England.
    And now - Jacqueline, so glad you are finding an interest in soccer. So is my husband, Sonny, and we are looking forward to the match this pm - we are pulling for Spain, only because Torres and one other player play for Liverpool on a regular basis. Soccer is wonderful because it unites the world - almost every country in the world plays it - and it's hard to believe it started out on the playing fields of Eton hundreds of years ago, probably just a few boys knocking a ball around. Will have to research more. The game of rugby started the same way - at Rugby school, another 'posh' school like Eton.
    I'm in a hurry 'cause Lancombe is having one of their sale things - I like their foundation and so I'm going over to Macy's to get that and a bag full of their goodies.
    Have a great rest of the day.
    Best - Jean

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails