anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Blue Dog Love

What is it about The Blue Dog that I absolutely adore? The first time I laid eyes on the little guy (who I know was modeled after a female dog, but seriously I just can't see it as anything other than a him) it was love. He is like Hello Kitty in a grown-up really cool, and I mean really cool dog form. Does that sound completely crazy?
If I had the big bucks I would go buy an original one! Seriously art is one of the best investments a person can make. The Blue Dog is kind of like the traveling gnome, he goes everywhere, and has his picture painted with all of the coolest people. One of the people who commented on my last post happens to be one of the few who have been painted with Blue Dog, Wendy Rodrigue. I would say she is a top authority on all things Blue Dog since she is actually the wife of George Rodrigue who paints him, and lots of other really cool cajun style fun stuff. She has a really great blog with more pictures and information about George's art http://www.wendyrodrigue.com/ . Incase you've never met my little buddy Blue Dog I would like to introduce you, and I hope it is LOVE at FIRST SIGHT for you, just as it was for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails