anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Fun Fun Fun


The past several days have been so much fun. I've worked hard, but in the evenings I've been cranking out more art. I did a crazy picture inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar which was one of my favorite books when I was a kid. I also made this flower picture. I really like the colors, and had a really relaxing time making it. I also have 2 New Mexico scenes in the works. Next week is the Little River Art Show, so I've got to figure out what I'm going to show this year. I think I'm going to take a few abstract pieces because they never have very many abstracts entered. Last year I won 1st place in the show for my painting of the Jewish man Praying at the Wailing Wall. He is still one of my favorites that I've done, but I haven't completed anything large in the realism category. I think I'm going to enter my picture of the Cameos that I saw in Capri, but I'm not sure they'll do very well because the picture is small.








I won a free goodie bag of great Vera Bradley treats from FanFare Gifts and Collectibles here in town. My goodie bag had a nice photo album and an adorable desk set in it. I felt like I'd won the lottery! I also got a free Vera Bradley shopping tote for going to the Fall pattern release.

To top it all off Mom, Dad, Jon, & I went to Chick fil A tonight all decked out in our cow shirts that Mom and I made today. At first my Dad thought it was a completely crazy idea, and thought we were too funny, but once he got a free spicy chicken sandwich, fries, and a drink for free he was feeling pretty good about it! He even said he wished they had Cow Appreciation Day more than once a year, he was hoping to make it a monthly tradition. We have Big plans for tomorrow night... We are going to find a place to watch 'em blow up the Stateline overpass. I know we're crazy, but we have a good time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline: I enjoy your blog so much and love your name - 'The Real Housewife of Bowie County.' It was a lucky day for me when I picked you on Facebook as a fan of Rosamunde Pilcher. You are a remarkable young lady with a delightful family. There's only one thing wrong with your blog - Once I get in there, it can keep me looking at everything for hours and not getting another thing done!!!
    I loved your story and the pictures about Chick Fil A - you all look so nice in your crazy tee-shirts.
    Have a lovely weekend and keep up the good work. I don't know if I'm sending this to you correctly. Is Google Account OK? I couldn't find Yahoo - you see, I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as you about these things.
    Best
    Jean Beatty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You're doing it right! I'm so glad you like my blog. It is just something I do for fun, but I always enjoy when someone finds my pictures or posts amusing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails