anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bryce's Peach Pie

Today's blog is dedicated to none other than one of life's most guilty pleasures. A thing so special that it deserves an academy award of all desserts. There is a reason Southern Living has written about the stuff several times. I'm talking about Bryce's Peach Pie. A thing so good you'll find yourself dreaming about it, and wake-up salavating! Can you believe that I've lived in Texarkana 23 years, and have only just this summer been "grown-up" enough to give it a try. O MY GOODNESS! It is the most amazingly delicious Sparkely stuff you will ever put in your mouth. There are a lot of people that claim to have the recipe, but trust me THEY DON'T! Our house keeper Emmie used to work at Bryce's for several years, and she knows the lady who makes them, and has seen her do it, but doesn't know all of the exact ingredients and measurements because that is a secret you have to work many years to earn access to.
Every summer around the first of June Texarkana starts buzzing with the questions, "are the peaches here?" "has anyone heard if Bryce's has their peach pie yet?" This year the paper ran a large story in the Accent section to answer that question for all the city's residents. The title was "THE PEACHES ARE HERE!" There have been several times in past years when my mother has ordered an entire pie, and it was the only thing she had to eat for two or three days until she finished it. Of course I was young and stupid because I thought she was nuts! Now I understand... It is like heaven right here on earth. It is so good I would gladly bathe in it! It is $3.92 and you can go through the drive thru or the cafeteria line, but I suggest you go get some while you can (if you happen to be in the 4 states area).

3 comments:

  1. I always pray for good cold weather in the winter. There is some correlation between the amount of below freezing weather in the winter and the quality of peaches produced in the summer. So yes, even in January and February, I'm praying for the peaches for Bryce's Fresh Peach Pie! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Love me some Bryce's Peach pie! Now I want some so bad! I wonder if they'll still have it in a couple of weeks when I'm back in town...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey - I bought two the last time I was home. I love them so very much. They are such a treat!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails