anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

She Was an Artist & The World Was Her Canvas

These are some of my Watercolors....













These are some of my oil paintings.....




















A colored Pencil piece...Some Acrylics...










This one was inspired by George Rodrigue's Blue Dog, These are My 3 Dogs!


This is called Pineapple Upside Down Cat! I finished him Yesterday


I just finished this one today in Memory of Lee Ann Hughes




I also finished this little thing today. It is just bright and fun!




I have a picture hanging in my bathroom with the quote "She was an artist and the world was her canvas!" on it. Every day when I brush my hair, or my teeth I look up at it and think... Yes it is! The world is my canvas. I know that art is completely subjective, some people will look at my work, and say, "Wow it looks like something out of my greatest dreams!" The next person may walk by and say, "This is crap! A cat on acid could do better work!" Negative responses used to discourage me, but then I realized... most people who make them have never picked up a brush. It takes a lot of guts to approach a canvas, and pour out what's in your heart, soul, and imagination. I don't feel like I have to justify my work. It is fun, I love it, and I plan to do it for the rest of my life.




These are some works in Progress all of them are oil....


3 comments:

  1. No these aren't all of my paintings. I just wanted to put up a little sample. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline- I received your message and am so glad I checked out your latest post with all of your beautiful work! Your joy for life shines in not only your paintings, but also your delightful and well-written blog.

    I've actually visited your blog before and was quite charmed by the painting for your mantle -- the one "Pop" version of you and your husband.

    Keep writing and painting. I will definitely check back-
    Wendy Rodrigue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline: You are incredibly talented. Have you ever had a show or shows? And if so, where and when? And Wendy is right - your zest for life shows thru your work. I have begun to look for your latest blogs - Thanks for them - you brighten a lot of days for a lot of people I'm sure.
    Jean Beatty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails