anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Great Things

I have been meaning to post something, I've just not been able the past few days thanks to Winston and me getting sick. Yes the hot, sticky McNasty weather has taken its toll on us, or it has caused some sort of super bug to begin taking on both man and beast. I am home with my trusty bottles of Lysol, Tylenol, Phenergan, Nose spray, and Gatorade. Winston has a pile of puppy pharmaceuticals.
Before coming down with the mocus I did some abstract paintings over at my Mom's house. I'm almost finished with the 4th one, and they all are so completely different from what I usually do, but I had a lot of fun with it. I think Mom has done at least a dozen. I'm still a little OCD so the whole abstract looseness isn't coming so easy for me because I want things to look just so. I will take some pictures to show when I am able to emerge from my cave. You could say I'm trying to get in touch with my inner Warhol.





Remember a few posts back when I told you about the book Stoney Beck by Jean Beatty? Well she sent me a signed copy of her first book Different Drummers, which unfortunately is out of print for a little longer, but she is thinking it will be available again pretty soon at least on Amazon Kindle. All I can say is that you need to cross your fingers that it will back out soon because it is incredibly good. I think it is better than Stoney Beck, but that is just my opinion. It is about an English girl named Kathleen who has a whirlwind romance and marries an American GI after WW2. She comes to the U.S. on a ship all alone in order to begin their married life together when he receives his discharge from the army. That is all I'm going to tell you because it wouldn't be fair for me to divulge anything more. I had considered devoting an entire entry to telling you guys how great this book is, (It is definitely in my top 3!) but then I thought that wouldn't be fair to you guys since it isn't available yet. Don't worry, I'll make sure to sound the trumpet when it is. In the mean time... Go to http://www.amazon.com/ and get Stoney Beck. It's even available in paperback for those of you who haven't fallen in love with the Kindle idea yet. (If you don't love the Kindle it's just because you haven't tried it. I promise! If you don't believe me then I dare you to go to Target & play with one!) I am so excited to find an author with so much talent that hasn't made it mainstream yet (She should be at the top of Oprah's reading list or who ever else makes a list that people are actually interested in reading). Although we haven't met face-to-face, we've communicated online quite a bit, Jean is a lovely person, and I am happy to consider her one of my friends. Jean, I know you'll be reading this, and I bet you're surprised I was able to find a colored picture of you to post in my blog. I had to do a bit of internet combing ;)

Two other new favorite summer discoveries I've made this year are McDonald's new Fruit Smoothies. I love both the Strawberry Banana & The Wild Berry! They're also good for you.


I am also hooked on Moroccan Oil hair oil. It smells like heaven, and makes your hair look and feel so shiny! Just put a little bit on your hair when you get out of the shower, and it instantly absorbs. It also makes your hair dry faster. I don't know how, but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails