anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Dr. Doolittle Catches the Easter Bunny!

Jon, my Mom, my sister, and a few other family members like to refer to me as "Dr. Doolittle" because I've spent so much time & money up at the vet's office that I ought to have a veterinary degree through osmosis by now. Not to mention that I'm constantly having to doctor on one or more of our pets. When it comes to animals in need, I can't say no. We feed the squirrels & birds in our backyard. When Jon & I go for walks through our neighborhood there are 3 cats that belong to one of our neighbors that come & follow us along until I stop & pet them! It cracks Jon up! He's constantly asking me, can they smell love coming from you or what? Although I am guilty of bringing in most of our animals, some have ended up with me by default. Since Jon & I have been married I've cared for 2 beta fish- Jordan gave me one for my lingerie shower. I was not thrilled, but I couldn't just kill it, we ended up with it for 2 years & a friend of mine moved to California & she left her fish with me as a gift- it lived 2 years! (SERIOUSLY People... I DON'T want a beta fish or your beta fish as a gift! If you want to get me a gift, I'm not hard to buy for... some Vera Bradley, Pandora, flowers, chocolate, Amazon Kindle gift cards, gift cards to anywhere, but NOT a beta fish!!!) Then Jordan had 3 parakeets for about 6 years, and then decided she was tired of them, so they got to spend the rest of their natural lives with me & Jon - they lived 2, 3, & 3.5 years with us. I also took care of Sophie & Flyer, mine & Jordan's cats that we got from the same litter when I was 11 years old. Both of them lived long healthy lives, and they past away from kidney failure/ old age. Flyer lived to be 15 & Sophie lived to be 16. We currently have Sasha who is an 8 year old rescue dog (she had parvo as a puppy & is now hypothyroid & diabetic - that means pills & insulin injections twice a day), Cookie another rescue age 6 (she was another parvo pup), Winston age 5 (mega esophagus dog), Zip an almost 4 year old rescue cat, & Ralphie my latest almost 1 year old rescue cat. I also feed Scaredy Fraidy, a black cat who lives in our neighbor's bushes & comes when I call him to come eat twice a day. I'm wondering how many animals it takes to declare your home a working farm/ranch? It wouldn't hurt to get some sort of tax credit ;)

Now that you have my background it should be no surprise to you that I now have the Easter Bunny in a crate in my garage! He or she is very sweet & tame, and I know it must belong to someone close by. It's owners don't have to worry, because it's enjoying some fresh romaine lettuce, a strawberry, some salt, & fresh water :) I hope you're having a Hoppy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails