anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Good Housekeeping

For the most part I am a neat freak. I like to have a place for everything and everything in its place. This does not mean that I like laundry. My Mom posted on her Facebook that she finds laundry relaxing, and how I told her the only thing I like about it is pulling the lint off of the lint screen. It's true. I hate it, it never ends, and it just wears me out! I have no problem taking the trash in and out, scrubbing toilets, or vacuuming the floors. Here's the deal about laundry... It doesn't make the house look any prettier on the surface, folding it is not a job for a princess, no sooner is it done than you've got to do it again. You mop the floor most of the time you're good for about 5 days. You scrub the bathroom down, make everyone spray their shower with the arm n hammer stuff when they get out, put in a fresh scrubbing bubbles gel glob, and you're good for a week. I know it sounds really bad to admit this, but here it is... If I had a lot of money I would hire someone to come do it for me, and if I had a ton of money like Paris Hilton I'd wear it all once and send it to a charitable organization like Goodwill or Salvation Army. I'd have my favorite things sent to the dry cleaners or something like that. But since I really don't see any of this in my future, I'll just have to muddle through somehow. I'm thinking I should probably see a therapist for this, or maybe someone could hypnotize me into thinking it's just as much fun as growing roses.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness .. we're most definitely cut from the same cloth! i'm a total nazi about keeping the house clean, but laundry is a total pain in the rear. ugh. our washer was in the garage for a week while we re-did the laundry room/kitchen floor, and it was just about the best week of my life. haha! but then today... i had 7 loads to do. ick.

    i'm loving the idea of wearing stuff once and sending it to goodwill... hah!

    and thanks for the car advice ... my head hurts thinking about it. ugh.

    have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails