anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

150th Post




Well 150 is a pretty significant number of posts when it comes to blog world. I just wish I had some really awesome / significant stuff to report. At the moment I just have small random things worth mentioning.



Today Jon & I've been married 6 1/2 years.



We tried a new place for dinner tonight. It's called Sam's Shrimp & Seafood on Stateline across from Jon's store. I am not lying when I say the shrimp are the size of my fist! It was delicious, so we now know a great place to go eat shrimp (which is very important when you're this far from the gulf)! Any of you local friends that decide to try it, take my advice & share! We got 1 entree & 2 drinks, our total was $14.99 & we had a full container of leftovers to carry out.
I planted some okra that we started from seeds in our garden today. I'm really not sure what else we're going to plant, and I know we should have done it sooner, but Jon had to make some modifications to our large garden planter box.



Now that we're having a baby, we have a lot of work to do around the house. We have gotten rid of the carpet... except the front guest room. I hadn't really thought about it, but one of the 1st things I hear is, "Now that you're having a baby, we better get the carpet out of there." I'm not putting it at the top of my priority list. I'm going to "accept the things I can not change," and at the moment that is one of them. For starters, I can't exactly go move the furniture out of there, and I'm not the kind of person who can sit while someone else is working. I get a little overwhelmed when it comes to thinking about redoing stuff in the house, but I've decided to build "Rome" one small brick at a time as the mood strikes me. We've lived in our house over 5 years without a baby, so we did like most people & spread our stuff into all 3 bedrooms (and all of the closets). The red room (which is currently our study) is going to become the nursery, but it is going to take a lot of adjusting. Today I began transferring our stuff out of the study closet into the guest room closet. I got a lot done & transferred the Critter's stuff into some Rubbermaid drawers until we figure out what kind of furniture we're going to put in here to go with my old baby bed & changing table. I think we're going to take the glider that Jon's parents used to rock him in his nursery, so we'll have things from when both of us were babies.

1 comment:

  1. oooh ive been wanting to try that restaurant!! ill definitly have to now! so cool that yall will have stuff from when yall where babies in critters room! fyi: ur dad is now my dr. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails