anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Closet Confession

Today one of my Facebook friends posted a link to Bethenny Frankel's Youtube video called Closet Confessions. I couldn't help but laugh, it was so funny! Anyone who can say "Forget a kitchen pantry- this is where my shoes and accessories will live!" is, let's face it... totally Awesome! Ok, I know some of you people who don't have the problem of limited closet space don't understand. Jon and I have a nice large walk in closet that would be ideal for one of us, since we both hate folding clothes, and would hang up everything we own to wear if we could. However, marriage is about compromise so we split it 40/60 his and mine.
These are a few of my closet confessions.
#1 High Heeled Shoes I could write a book about high heeled shoes. Practicality has nothing to do with high heels. They make me think of Alfred Hitchcock movies where the dame trying to escape from the bad guy is always wearing ice pick heels. Grace Kelly climbing up the latter on the side of that building in Rear Window would have never dreamed of doing it in anything other than her favorite pair of Chanel heels. Fabulous shoes can make even the most simple outfit look smashing. I also recommend practicing how you walk in them. While your shoes my look great, not knowing how to walk in them makes a person look like they are completely out of place. When I was 13 & 14 in cotillion I learned that a lady should appear to effortlessly drift across a room. Stomping and marching is for soldiers and horses. If your shoes are uncomfortable, then plan how far you have to walk in them, and take breaks along the way, only don't let people know that is what you're doing. The amount of discomfort is equal to the level of hotness! These are my 7 favorite pairs of heels.
Every woman should have a pair of red high heels, I'm thinking it has something to do with Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz, or maybe it's because red heels are hotter than a chili pepper. Mine are Isaac Mizrahi for Target. (Never underestimate the shoe selection at Target!)

These Coach shoes with the pink roses on the back just made me happy, especially since they were on the super clearance rack at TJMaxx 80% off the original price, I'm lucky that most people don't wear a 5 1/2, because I'm usually able to get some really good deals. (Brands are OK, but it is NOT OK to pay full price for them. Trust me when I tell you this.... They will go on sale!)













These are my Nine West black patent leather power shoes. The heel is outrageous. You better know I'm suffering if I have these bad girls on, but I'm also pretty sure I would be able to take over the world with these shoes.


#2 Light & Fancy Jackets



I love this Red Jacket! It is my all time favorite. My Mom got it for me for my 20th Birthday, and I still love it. Yes, my 27th birthday is just a few weeks away. 7 years! Can you believe that! Just goes to show you if you get something nice that is well made, it can last for years.



Jon got me this short little soft black and slightly sparkly opera jacket around our 1st anniversary for me to wear to the Mistletoe Fair Preview party. Wow this one's turning 5 already! But, it's classic. Usually I don't keep stuff forever, only when it is amongst my favorites! It is so soft it's like being bundled up in a cozy blanket.


#3 Sentimental Dresses


I wouldn't be a girl if I didn't have a few sentimental dresses.



My 1st birthday dress bought for me by May-May.



My favorite dress to play dress-up in as a little girl because the skirt would go all the way out when I twirled. The picture doesn't really show the color well, but it is a really bright Barney purple. I loved playing American Girl Dolls in this thing. I would pretend to be Molly or Samantha. I can't tell you how many miles I put on this thing!



The dress I was wearing when Jon proposed.



The dress I wore for our engagement pictures in Destin, Fl. You would probably assume that I would have taken a picture of my wedding dress next, but that thing is way in the back behind stuff, and too heavy to try to mess with pulling out, but it's in there too... along with our college graduation robes, my masters graduation gown, and a bridesmaid dress or two.


#4 OMG!


Just thought I'd see if you're paying attention. I found this baby while cleaning out some stuff in my parent's attic. Mom & I died out laughing about this. What was she thinking? Was this ever acceptable even if it was 1993? Was it a joke? This thing is AWFUL!!! So, what did I do??? I snatched it up and brought it home. Something this bad deserves to be at the next Tacky Dress-up Party I go to, or I'm just going to use it as a reminder of What NOT to Wear!


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe there are no Miss Texas dresses among your collection! I love shoes as much as you do. You can never have "too many" shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...every woman needs a pair of red heels!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails