anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Think Pink


October is a very special month, not only because my birthday is on Halloween, but it is a month that we are all reminded of a disease that has caused so much pain, suffering, and death for women of all ages & ethnic origins. I spent almost two years working full time at my father's OBGYN office, and I can't stress to all of you ladies how important it is to do self checks & go to the doctor every year. While I was working for him, he diagnosed a couple women that I'd known all my life with this disease. I can't tell you how difficult it is to be in a room with someone when they get that kind of news. Every time I'd think to myself, this could be My Mother, My Sister, My Grandmother, My Aunt, My Best Friend... this could be Me.
To all of the special ladies out there... Be on your guard. Early detection is the best way to keep from joining the list of breast cancer casualties. I recommend that you check yourself at least once a month while standing and while laying down. There are things you can feel laying down that you can't feel while standing & vise versa. It is also important that you pay attention to checking the pits of your arms because they are full of lymph nodes, and many "breast cancers" are actually found under your arms. If you have questions about whether you are doing your self-exam right, ask your doctor to take a few minutes to show you, and explain what sorts of things you are checking for. If you notice anything out of the ordinary, call your doctor right away. It is always best to be safe than sorry.
On the day of Race for the Cure I took some pictures of cute pink stuff... Enjoy :)
Couldn't get a decent picture without the flash... I was in Sam's & you know how the lighting is in there.



My Wallet
Me & my fabulous pink ring!



Magenta & Hello Kitty


Pink Yankee Candles

Pink Ribbon Tea Cups

I saw this dog with the pink collar at Canton this month. It is a Micro Tea Cup Chihuahua in a snuggy bed the size of a coozy!

Hello Kitty Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails