anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mixed Media Madness

Welcome to my office-studio-screened in back porch!


So, I've been trying out a new kind of art, and I'm really enjoying it. Mixed media involves using more than one medium. It isn't as easy as you might assume just by looking. Most of the time when I start out on a picture, I have a mental picture of what it is going to look like when I'm finished. Mixed Media pictures involve a lot of spur of the moment decision & improvisions. I may have a general thematic idea when I start a mixed media picture, but I don't know what it is going to look like. I've always thought, "Gee that looks easy!" Believe it or not, there are a lot of rules involved to keep it astetically pleasing. It takes a lot of time, layers, & supplies to make it look right. There is a lot more to each picture than what you'll ever see!




This is the first Mixed Media Picture I did at a workshop here at my house with Deeann Rieves. She is a very accomplished artist from Texarkana, she attended The Memphis Art Institute & is currently a newly wed living in Atlanta, Georgia. You can check her out at blog.deeannrieves.com



Since the workshop I've set off on my own mixed media discovery journey!


A pastel Cross



A Dark Colored Cross



It is not easy to work on a strange shape like a Fleur De Lis!



I had the background started for an abstract flower picture, but decided to make it a mixed media. I realize I may have gotten just a little bit busy-carried away on this, but it's really cool in real life! It would have been awesome in my bedroom when I was a teenager! It's everything girly & fun!


I call this one "Til There Was You"











I call these two Rest & Relaxation


I had originally done an abstract picture that I just wasn't pleased with, but I recycled it and added mixed media to it, and Voila! I'm thinking I may call it "Who Would You Love To Sit With"

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in having me doing a piece for you. This type of art can be personalized with family pictures, newspaper clippings, & other small items to create a lasting family heirloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails