anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Shoes Shoes & more Shoes






Like many of you I got so busy in December getting ready for Christmas, visiting with family, and work that I didn't have any time to read or write any blogs. I'm just going to pick up where my camera memory left off. At the first of December, or the 2nd night of Hanukkah Jon & I went to the Cable One advertising Christmas Party at The Ace of Clubs house downtown. Jon & I both remember going to the historic house as small kids on school field trips, but this was the first time we have gone back as adults. The house is built in the shape of a club because the man who built the house won the money to do it in a poker game. When I was little all of it's curved walls and funny nooks and crannies fascinated me. The thing I really enjoyed seeing was the enormous shoe collection that the lady of the house, whose name escapes me, had. I enjoyed taking pictures of them. I can't tell you how many pairs of Ferragamo shoes that woman had. The museum curators only recently put all of the shoes on display. Jon & I both remember them being in boxes stacked up to the ceiling when we were kids. The family also had a lot of railroad money, and wife had a serious shoe fetish. She used to sit in her bed, and Neiman Marcus would come to her house with models so she could shop while sipping her coffee & looking at the newspaper. I have a feeling she would have appreciated the invention of online shopping! These pictures are just a few of her collection.

3 comments:

  1. that's funny, i always think of the shoes, too when i think of the ace of clubs. scott and i just went a year or so ago because he'd never been there.. fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia Smith Moore is her name. She was a Pi Phi, which is also my sorority. Random fact...huh! Is you notice she also had Angels, arrows and the pi beta phi letters all in the house. I never realized that while going to the field trips either!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails