anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Computer Glasses & The Red River Rivalry

Earlier today I was helping Mom clean and red0 my old bedroom from the storage room that it has been since Jon and I got married, back to a respectable bedroom that anyone would feel comfortable spending the night in. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but a pair of Hello Kitty slightly rose tinted computer glasses (they don't have any kind of prescription or magnification). I got them at the Sanrio Store in San Francisco 10 years ago. When I went to the National Science Fair with my high school science project... I know I'm a nerd, but I'm not ashamed to admit it, pluse it's paid off in more ways than one. It's funny I found them today because just a couple days ago I was telling my Mom I think I need to do something because since I had Lasiks on my eyes 6 years ago my eyes are really sensitive to light (I don't leave the house without my sunglasses!) and the computer screen is a killer. So tonight I'm actually wearing them for the first time ever, and WOW! I can't tell you what a difference they make. My eyes feel soothed and relaxed. They just take away the white glare & make it feel more like I'm reading from a book :)
I'm sharing this little bit of information because I'm sure I can't be the only one who has issues with the glare from the computer. I'm all about taking preventive measures to preserve my vision, hearing, skin, & whatever else needs a bit of TLC. One of the things I learned in my 4 medical school classes that I had to take as part of my master's degree is this... An ounce of prevention is worth at least 10 pounds of cure. You can take that one to the bank my friends!

Just incase any of you have been living underneath a rock this weekend is The Big One, The Queen Mother of All College Football Rivalry Games, The REDRIVER SHOOTOUT. I will not be attending the game, but we plan to go check out the Texas State Fair to do the obvious... eat a Fletcher's Corn Dog & get a bag of the most beautiful, pink, fluffy, delicious cotton candy. We will be watching the game on TV. I used to go every year, but after a Texas fan sitting above me in the box seat on the OU side poured an entire bottle of coke on me at the last game that we paid $400 per ticket to get to stand through, and not hear because the speakers at the ancient Cotton Bowl stink, I can honestly say I'm very happy to watch it on TV. But, it is a game that every OU or Texas fan should go to once in their life. The atmosphere is complete insanity! It's 74 year old grandmothers cussing the ref from the stands, mouthing back & forth at the other team, it's the only time of the year when parents will let their kids hollar stuff like "Texas SUCKS!," a total sea of half Crimson & burnt orange, not to mention the fair is going on all around you. So if you're into college football, pull up a chair, and make sure to yell "Boomer Sooner!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... I had Lasik eye surgery about three years ago and my eyes are VERY sensitive to light! I honestly thought I was the only one with problem! Glad to know I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiffany! No you aren't, my dad & sister also had Lasik, and their eyes are sensitive to light too. I guess it is because we are able to see so well, or maybe because of the scaring that was done to the back of our retina by the laser. I don't know, but I do know that RayBans are the darkest sunglasses you can find anywhere & since I have to wear them everyday they are worth the money.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails