anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A little Bit of This & a dash of That

Earlier this week I went to a little store here in town called Ellis Pottery, (which carries a lot of seasonal decorations and plants) and in their hot house area they had several of these little baby pineapple plants. Luckily I had my little camera. I couldn't help myself I thought they were the cutest things! If only it would stay healthy and little forever, I'd bring it home and call it my pet pineapple.
Some little scarecrow friends.

Pink with sprinkles donut ornament, which used to be my favorite when I was little.




Today was the launch of the latest Vera Bradley prints, and we have a little store here in Texarkana called Fan-Fare Gifts that has a really fun launch party with drinks, refreshments, door prizes, & free gifts (yes free gifts I got a coin pouch & a wristlet in the new pattern Versailles) on the day the new bags are released. During the last release I won a desk set and a photo album, and this time my Mom won a free tote of her choice in any of the new patterns. Seriously we never win anything, so how cool is it that we've both won now? My Mom was about to step on a cricket earlier today, and this lady told her, don't do that! If you see a cricket you're going to get money tomorrow or something good so she didn't step on it, and what do ya know... she wins the Fan-Fare drawing, and tomorrow she gets to go pick out her tote. We have laughed and joked about it all day, because that woman was so serious she says she saw a cricket and won the lotto the next day, and now her family is going to the Bahamas for Christmas. I'm not superstitious (I have 2 black cats for crying out loud), but ... I hope our old friend Jiminy Cricket is enjoying his little cricket life! I believe in Shop & Tell as long as you have a picture to go with it, so here is my new mini laptop case in Buttercup that my computer is happily snuggled down into while I'm typing this blog.


Tonight Jon and I went over to Mom's and watched Princess Kaiulani on her big screen (Dad was at the hospital working of delivering his 3rd baby for the day, otherwise he would have watched it with us). I thought it was really good. Of course I love all of the beautiful costumes, the love story, and the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails