anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Modernist




I hope you "LOVE" this 1 of 6 pictures I finished this week. As usual they are all about COLOR!

This was a week for finishing paintings. I think I'm a bit of an experimentalist when it comes to art. I will use almost any medium, and I'll give any technique a try. I don't know what that says about me, and I guess I don't really care.




For you Vera Bradley fans, you should know what this is... Puccini is in my top 20 favorite Vera Bradley Fabrics ;) I have 4 other Vera inspired pictures that aren't far from being finished. I did this oil painting with my palette knife, and thanks to the swirly designs in the ribbon around the bouquet I decided to get swirly with my signature.I got a bit colorful with this acrylic of some of the churches I saw in Santa Fe, NM this summer.

I'm so glad Fall is on it's way! I like to call this abstract "Turkey & Dressing" because these are the colors you see when it's time to be Thankful.

I had a little fun doing these pink flowers with navy, they look a lot more textured in real life. I've got another pretty big, really awesome abstract that I'm working on, I'm doing some Serta Sheep for Jon's Mattress Store, and I have a million other ideas in my head. Every night right before I fall asleep I get another "Ah HA!"

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails