anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 6, 2010

Embroidered Linen Hand Towels

I'm just as bad as the next person when it comes to monograms. Most of the time, if you stick a T on it, I'm going to want it. I was given these 2 pairs of beautiful monogrammed linen tea towels as wedding presents when Jon and I got married.
Since then, I've picked up some at different times from Secret Garden Embroidery at First Monday in Canton. They are always coming up with new ones. Sometimes I get a pair, and sometimes I just get one. There is something so old fashioned and elegant about them.












This weekend I got the 3 below. All together I now have 15 of them, which is a pretty good collection. The one with the pink flowers and the one with the pineapple were on sale because they were trying to clear out their spring and summer stuff to make room for the new Fall and Christmas ones. The bottom Christmas one was featured in Southern Living either last Christmas or the one before. They are machine washable, but you can't put them in the dryer. I use them as decoration in my bathroom, but beware the wrath would come down strong on any who dared to actually wipe their hands on them. I remember when I was little I used to think my Mom was crazy for having pretty towels and things that were just for decoration, but now I think I get it. I want to have pretty things to look at, and it isn't like there is an endless cheap supply of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails