anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Forget about Grey's Anatomy



Like most people I know I loved (note the past tense) ER and Grey's Anatomy until they became complete night time soaps. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way, but when I watch a medical show I want to see some medicine. I really don't care who's doing who in the supply closet, and who is trying to decide when and if they want to "come out of the closet." Give me an overdose, motor vehicle accident, amputation, seizure, or gunshot wound, and I'm hooked. Really when you're dealing with something like that there's plenty of drama.


For any of you other warped people like me out there I've finally found the most super awesome, all time greatest medical show you will ever see in your life...... drum roll. Casualty 1900s is so good. It is all true stories that happened during the 1906-1909 in The London Hospital. The show was created by researchers that put together newspapers, memoirs, personal diaries, and all sorts of patient files, and ward notes to create a show that lets you see what it was like to work, or be a patient in the hospital at that time. While I was working on my masters in hospital administration I read a lot of different historical data and statistics, but to actually see it reinacted before your eyes is astonishing. What we have been able to achieve in the past 100 years is incredible.


I am not by any stretch as knowledgable as an M.D. but with just the things I know, and have in my own house I would be able to cure and save several hundred people's lives. Things like gloves, bleach, penicillin, tylenol, benedryl, neosporin, and Gatorade.

Unfortunately we can't get this great show in the US because they haven't formated it for american dvd players, but if you've got a nice fast wireless connection you can find it on YouTube. I haven't been able to find the pilot episode 1906, but if you look under Casualty 1907 you'll find the episodes, and each has 7 parts which upload pretty fast. They are currently making a Casualty 1910s, and I really hope they'll get the clue and send it across the pond. It was one of the top rated shows when it aired last year in Britain, so I'm hoping we'll eventually be able to get it on BBC America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails