anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Isn't it Romantic





















Ok so I can see why most people wouldn't be completely beside themselves if their husband came in with a new electric pencil sharpener for them, but I thought it was pretty darn sweet. I just attended the most amazing Prismacolor colored pencil workshop that was taught by Linda Lucus Hardy on Friday and Saturday. She is on my list of blogs I follow, and you really ought to check out her portfolios. She was born and raised in Texarkana, and she now lives in Omaha, TX. The stuff she can do with a pencil makes photographs look bad! She won the big Grumbacher award that is given to one artist a year in 2002 (for the non-art people out there it is like an Oscar in the art world). She has been in lots of magazines. Currently she has an exibit at the Southwest Museum in Dallas and several other places. Now I am addicted to Prismas and Watercolor. I also do oil and acrylic because I think I need to at least know how, and give it a real chance. Oh who am I kidding as soon as I finish the mural in my front room I don't really care to mess with acrylics again for a while. I really love doing art, and I plan to keep at it for the rest of my life. I would love to one day be good enough to travel and give workshops, and maybe earn some of my keep. These are some of my pieces I have a lot more of them on Facebook. The top 3 are in watercolor, and the pears are a work in progress done in Prismacolor pencils.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails