anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mad About Hats & Off to See the Mad Hatter!



I might as well confess that I have had an ongoing love affair with hats since I was about 8 years old, and here's why... Eliza Doolittle at the Ascot yelling at some horse to "Move your bloomin A$$." That is when I knew that a good time could be made so much better in a hat. The other day Mom and I played and took pictures with her iphone in Sears because they have gotten in a ton of the most fabulously fun and wild hats you've ever seen. They were so inspiring that I pulled out my big red one that Mom got me for Christmas a couple years ago and wore it to church. All the ladies loved it, and I'm really going to try to get a bunch to wear a hat for Easter Sunday. There quite a few that sounded game. That's one of the reasons I love my little church. There are so many sweet people, and we have a lot of fun together. Now I'm off to see Johnny Depp be the Mad Hatter!

2 comments:

  1. I have a small obsession with hats. It probably comes from watching so many old movies, and Eliza Doolittle's is one of my favorites. I have a few of my great-grandmother's old hats at my house and they're so beautiful. I've always wished people would start wearing them more. I don't understand why they ever stopped! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer I couldn't agree more... Why did they stop wearing georgeous hats? That is so awesome that you have some of your great-grandmother's. I say you get one of them out and wear that baby on Easter Sunday. Someone's gotta bring 'em back! Might as well be us! I got a really huge Italian Straw hat with a red ribbon around the top to wear this summer TJMaxx has some really good deals on them I got it for $15 which is a good for a nice hat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails