anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break

This year I went to an art workshop with my mom and sister, then a wedding here in town with my husband and his family, I got to pay yet another visit to the great folks at Wisdom's animal clinic, had a really late night slumber party with my sister. Then I went with my mom to the farm in good ole Ben Wheeler, TX. While we were down there we got a blizzard that started Saturday night at about 7:00 pm, and seriously didn't let up until 4:15 pm on Sunday afternoon. It was unbelievable, the snow was blowing straight across, and I ended up with almost 8 inches on my car! For those of you that aren't familiar with the great metropolis of Ben Wheeler (population 240 somethin') it is about 8 miles from Canton or 25 miles west of Tyler. In all the years we have been going down there I have never ever seen it snow, and from what the locals were saying most of them have never seen it snow there either. It was a blizzard by my Texas standards, and if it had been colder before the snow started I think we would have ended up with at least a foot of snow! With 30 to 60 mph winds that never let up this was not the kind of snow that one would want to go out and play in, but I did manage to make the most delicious Dr.Pepper Snow Slushy :) It also gave Mom and me the chance to do some art, watch TV, clean (which I will explain), and then go back to more art, a Platinum Weddings marithon, and the last of Gossip Girl season 2. We weren't planning on cleaning, but after watching the Messiest house in America we got up and cleaned like two crazies for about 3 or 4 hours, you wouldn't believe how inspired we were, and I'm sure the Canton Goodwill and garbage company is also impressed with our efforts. Seriously the messiest house in American with the Loria family which get a load of this they were a Mom and her two grown daughters! No men, seriously what is the excuse! There was junk, junk, and more junk everywhere piled to the ceiling, and nastiness! These women were sleeping on enormous piles of clothes and vhs tapes, and shoes, and probably last months left overs. And you wanna know what totally blew me away about it...... They didn't really think it was all that messy! And they certainly didn't want to get rid of anything! These people were worse than some of the people I've watched on Hoarders! I just can't live in a mess. I would rather be in a totally sterile clean empty jail cell than have to live amongst piles and piles of clutter. Oh and by the way I always keep a sack in the third section of my laundry room sorter so that I can send stuff to Goodwill as I find it once it comes out of the wash, and I always know that there is a sack ready to put unneeded things in.

2 comments:

  1. haven't seen that show??? when and where does it come on? and i'm so with you on the no clutter stuff. can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was on We tv the same one that has Platinum Weddings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails