anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Lee Jofa Diamond & Baratta Silhouettes

Sometimes people pick up a magazine while standing in line at the grocery store, and most of the time nothing happens. But, sometimes a person stumbles upon something that makes them think, "Where have you been all my life? I've just got to make you mine!" So far in the past 2 weeks I seem to have stumbled upon a particular print of wallpaper that is also a fabric in 3 different magazines. Veranda, The Oprah Magazine, and one other that I can't remember have all featured this silhouette pattern by Diamond & Baratta for Lee Jofa in one form or another. Veranda had it as pink fabric curtains, Oprah magazine had it as yellow wall paper, and the other magazine had it as blue pillows. I am in love, and I have put myself on a mission to find some of this stuff. So far it seems everyone else has had the same idea because it is sold out every where. The only place I have been able to find some is from a fabric shop in London, they only have the pink, and they want $59.99 per meter, and that is before shipping! What could I do with just 1 meter? The only thing I can think of is a pillow- 1 pillow. It would be the most expensive pillow in my house. If I went to such lengths I think I would be tempted to put it in my china cabinet because I wouldn't want anyone to sit on it or throw it on the floor, or heaven forbid one of the animals get a hold of it. For the time being I have decided to make myself content with painting the picture out of the Oprah magazine, but I still want some. I don't know where or how I'll put it in my house, but that has never stopped me before.


1 comment:

  1. An Incredible job by Diamond and Baratta Design and with that incredible fabric perfectly match with JM Upholstery inc New York.

    Custom upholstery in New York City for all your works.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails