anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Brooch Bouquet






I'm not the first, and I know I'm not the only person who has ever seen the beautiful bridal brooch bouquets that have been making the rounds in blogville, and thought "cutiful why didn't I think of that." In fact my future sister in law is going to carry one for her bouquet in her's and David's (Jon's brother) wedding next year. Most of the brooch bouquets I've seen are for brides, but I think they are a really cool way to add a dash of color in any room of your house, and they give new life to old obselete junk jewelry that no one is planning on wearing. So if you're already married, and you're reading this wondering if you could make one even though it isn't a bridal bouquet, I say go for it! My Mom & I decided it would be a lot of fun for each of us to make one to put in our houses. At first I was thinking "centerpiece for the formal dining room table," but now I'm leaning more towards putting it in my bedroom where I'll see it all the time. Mom had tons of old pins and button covers which put us off to a good start (almost half of each of our bouquets). I bought some earrings, fancy buttons, and pins here and there, with a $4 max per pin rule. I'm not finished wiring and wrapping all of my pins yet, but here is what I've put together so far (a little over half), I will add more pics when the project is complete ;) I'll also post a pic or two of Mom's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails