anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So I'm on a Flower Kick






I love flowers, sometimes I just like to look at them and wonder "How does God do it?" Well the past couple of years (yes years) I have been toying with the idea of getting an orchid, but I've been so worried "What if I kill it? They are so fragile!" I absolutely hate killing plants, don't ask me why, but if I think I'm going to kill it, then I just won't buy it. It may have something to do with this need to nurture and care for everything, or a fear of failure... oh well whatever. Today I got up my nerve and decided I've just got to have an orchid, and if I kill it, then I kill it. I think it helped that I have been carrying my Orchid Dooney for the past couple of weeks (I got it 75% off last fall, and hey I've taken care of it this long so I'd be able to carry it this spring, so surely I can take care of a real one). Everytime I looked at my purse, I thought gosh, I've just got to have a real one! It also didn't hurt that Lowe's had some really pretty ones on sale, and I got it for $14.00. How could I pass up a deal like that? Sam's has them for Mother's day, and they are charging $44.98 for them (Gasp!!). It is orange and pink, and it was love at first sight, now I'm wondering... "Do I need a white and purple to match my purse??"


I also got two more beautiful rose bushes for my rose garden and a juniper bush. Jon has his vegetable garden all built up, and I'm looking forward to it growing big, and the okra plants had better not let me down. It may not be for everyone, but I love digging in the dirt, and being outside, and seeing things grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails