anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

What's For Dinner?



It happens everyday, did I say everyday? Because I mean EVERYDAY. It is the eternal question that seems to never stop coming up. If you've been married any length of time you know what question I'm talking about... "What's for dinner?" I am really not all that nuts about dinner. Really for me cereal, oatmeal, ice cream, popcorn, chips and salsa... these all sound plenty good to me. I guess that's because growing up sometimes Mom would cook a big dinner, and sometimes it was just whatever floated our boat. Maybe I'm crazy, but I kinda like the whole non-traditional dinner thing. For some reason my husband doesn't see the coolness involved in having popcorn and M&Ms or a Root Beer float for supper. I really have tried to show Jon what he's missing out on, and can you believe it he thinks all of the things I've mentioned should go With something. So it looks like I had better go into the kitchen and start making beef stew.




*After I wrote this I decided to try the whole Julia Child's beef bourguignon idea which is just a fancier beef stew and you cook your beef in red wine until it evaporates. It smells divine, and I'm feeling less grumpy about cooking :) I'm thinking about baking my Mrs. Smith's blackberry cobler and eating gobs of cool whip with it for dessert. Maybe I should pull out the puffy skirt, button down shirt, my pearls, and heels.

1 comment:

  1. he's an old fuddy-duddy! lol.. doesn't he know it was never a dull moment at the Wilson home? lol... you go get him a can of Chunky Cambells soup and u have a root beer float and M&M's! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails