anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

I will forever praise Him even when my heart is aching


The past few days have been very difficult for me, and I haven't really felt like doing anything, much less getting on the computer. Tonight the Lord has blessed me with a great peace, and I feel that I need to share this.

When I was 11 years old I made one of the best friends I will ever have. We had been to visit my cousins in Idabel, OK, and their cat had just had a litter of the cutest kittens you've ever seen. I remember peaking down into the wooden box in the barn and seeing all of these cute little fur balls huddled together, but there was this one little black and white one that was jumping around and trying to get out of the box. My other cousin Matthew called her Flyer, and he wanted her but his mother said they couldn't have a cat. I remember being happy about this because that little feisty thing had secretly won my heart, and I wanted her so bad. My sister was taken with a tiny shy little siamese that happened to be the runt, and Jordan wanted to call her Sophie. My mom said that we could have the siamese one, but we could only get one. Thankfully they weren't ready to be weaned yet, so I had time to secretly cook up a scheme with my aunt Frankie to end up with both of them. I would call her everyday, and ask her "Are the kitties ready, and remind her which ones we wanted and to make sure she kept it a secret." Finally the day came when Frankie came to deliver the kitties. I was so worried that she would only bring Sophie. When she opened the car door, and they were both there together my heart lept with joy. My mom was a little bit flabbergasted, but there was nothing she could do, and when she saw how happy we were to each have our own kitten she just laughed and said "What's one more!" Through the years we have shared so much love, and laughs. Little Flyer got herself into more trouble for sneaking open cabinet doors, and finding any sort of treat left on the kitchen cabinet to nibble on. Her all time favorite was Doritos original nacho flavor. I watched her one night open up the pantry cabinet, and crawl in to get some. Who needs mice when they've got Fly? She also loved it when we would fill the bathroom sink with water so she could splash water on the mirrors. She was so loving, and was never happier than when she was on my lap or curled up close beside me in bed. Our animals become our family. They love us so unconditionally, and without reserve. We never want to have to say goodbye, but at least I know I will see her again one day. The Lord knows our hearts, and He loves us. Yesterday I prayed that He would take her from my arms into His, and I know that she is no longer sick, and she is happy. I am still very very sad. The tears come from no where. I've heard it said that the Lord is closest to those who are grieving, and I have to say He is always close. Sometimes it is when we are suffering that we really try harder to hear Him than we usually do. I know that we all have trials and tribulations to face in our life, just call on Jesus because Faith will see you through anything this world can throw at us.



Tonight as I was driving home I heard this song by the Christian group Kutless, and I just want to share the words of the first verse.



Everybody falls sometimes

Gotta find the strength to rise

From the ashes and make a new beginning

Anyone can feel the ache

You think its more than you can take

But you are stronger, stronger than you know

Don't you give up now

The sun will soon be shining

You gotta face the clouds

To find the silver lining

I've seen dreams that move the mountains

Hope that doesn't ever end

Even when the sky is falling

And I've seen miracles just happen

Silent prayers get answered

Broken hearts become brand new

That's what faith can do

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog and this broke my heart! I’m so sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine life without my precious doggy! I agree he is always near us but it's when we hurt the most we seem to listen for him more. Cute blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails