anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

3 Cheers for the White Fireplace!















In my recent Pupitre you can catch a glimpse of the fireplace in its former brickiness. We've lived in our house for a little over 4 years, and it has nagged me, "Should I paint it, Should I leave it alone?" Saturday before Jon came home I decided "This is it, no turning back, I'm painting it."


I didn't tell Jon that I was about to start on this venture. I'm fiercely independant, and I love being able to do "Man" things around the house. I single handedly tiled and grouted our formal dining room, I laid the tile in the kitchen and laundry room, I broke out the old tile in the bathroom on my own, I ripped the carpet up in several rooms, and hauled it to the street. So Jon is no stranger to walking in on me in the midst of an extreme home makeover. I was a little worried about this project because in the past Jon had been a real advocate for leaving it alone, so I was happy when he walked in and said, "That's going to look good!"


I'm happy, now I'm just trying to decide what color I want to repaint the living room. Word to the wise- "a lovely buttery yellow" will wear you out! I promise for some reason everyone I know that has painted a room or two yellow agrees it's just not a color that you want to be stuck looking at for the rest of your life.


Isn't that a cute skinny couple in our picture of Jon proposing to me? I thought we were going out to Timothy's for a nice dinner, so Mom was taking pictures, I had no idea he was about to pop the question, and I'm so glad he'd told Mom so she could be there to take pictures as it happened! Mom also painted the rose I have over the fireplace. She's so talented!


Caio for Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails