anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 9, 2010

Just Another Reason






Why EVERY animal wants to be a Trammell animal, and why Jon and I are perfect for eachother. The stupid memory card kept erasing itself so I lost the pictures of us painting this thing. As any cat person will know... cats love boxes. We have had this cardboard box sitting on top of our big red chest in the living room since January, and Jon has wanted me to do something artsy to it since Mom brought it over for our big o' baby boy Zip. There are 3 reasons for this: 1. I think being fellow OCD person the cardboard just bothered him. 2. Zipper is his cat- they have "Man Time" together watching the Rangers, the Cowboys, and any sort of OU Sooner Sport we can find on TV. So he wanted to pimp his little buddy's box. 3. He's always encouraging me with my art- if I had a notion to paint the ceilings like the Vatican he'd go get me a scaffold. He's also always pushing me to paint this or paint that (I'm just a couple hours away from finishing the mural in the entry way, and I will post pics when it is complete, but I need the pollen to settle down so I can open the front door, and sit there to finish it).


No it is not the most ornate thing I've ever done, but hey it's a cardboard box, and the cat is going to sleep in it. It was a lot of fun getting Jon to help me with it. We each painted two sides of it. When Mom called me tonight, and asked what we were up to, she died out laughing when I told her. Yes, we are crazy, but that's what makes life fun. You never know what we're going to do next.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails