anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Batharita

The show Psych is on of my favorites. Gus is the best character, you can't help but laugh about his "super sniffer." I know it may sound crazy, but I think I have a bit of an overly developed sense of "sniff." In some ways it's cool because I can pick out ingredients in food easily. On the flip side, there are a lot of perfumes, colognes, and soaps smells that make me sick. I'm talking about physically sick! At the top of my all time gag list is Tender Poison (I don't get the tender part, but the smell is indeed toxic to me, it has made me throw up on two seperate occasions). I know a lot of people like them, but I get horrible head aches from Vera Wang, Aromatics Elixir by Clinique, Eternity by Calvin Clein, Miracle by Lancome, White Diamonds, Red Door, Prada, Gucci, Jupe, any kind of Georgio and anything by Estee Lauder or Victoria's Secret. I try to make a note of them so I can avoid them in stores.

So now that I've Xed off almost the entire perfume department, I'm sure you're wondering if there is any sort of perfume that I actually do like!

I am a Chanel #5 and Burberry girl most of the year, but during the summer I wear citrus scents, and have always loved he clean crisp smell of lemons and limes. I found the two most wonderful smelling summer time perfumes on the Island of Capri last spring they are called Mediteraneo and Via Camerelle. They are made by Carthusia, and are almost impossible to get here in the states.

I was told Grace Kelly and Jackie Kennedy were also big fans of their stuff. (I love Grace Kelly, so I thought this would be a good spot to put one of my favorite pictures of her).

I paid 12 euros per bottle, but here it is a minimum of $94 per bottle from amazon.com. If I'd known this in advance I would have stocked up. So, I've been on the look out for something a bit more wallet friendly, but still just as delicious smelling. I'm happy to announce a fabulous smelling super affordable option. It is made in Greece by the company For Kings and Queens, and it is called Sultans of Granada. It comes in bathgel and body butter, and it makes your bath or shower smell like a lemon lime margarita. Just a nickel sized squirt of this stuff, and voila enjoy your "Batharita!"

While you're shopping you might like their Queen Nefertiti Honey stuff, but I warn you the bees will swarm you. (Literally I was out checking on my roses, and there were 3 or 4 bumble bees buzzing a bit close, and they followed me until I went inside.) Amazon.com has it cheaper than anywhere else, but if you're going to Target, and you aren't the kind of person that likes to wait on something to come in the mail that is where you'll find it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails