anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mom's brooch bouquet

Well I've been at it again, this time it only took me 4 1/2 hours to put together. Here's a hint to anyone that wants to do one... Clip-on earrings work wonderfully, and are so much easier than the pins. There are only about 3 clip-on earrings in each bouquet, but they are so much easier. Plus, it is usually less expensive if you are making more than one. I decided to try a little different shape this time. Instead of circular I chose to put this together as a long rectangle. Mom has a dresser with a long mirror above it in her bedroom, and I think this shape will work out perfect for her to put the bouquet in the middle of the dresser.


Here are the two side by side "so happy together." Some of our pins are the same, some are different, but it doesn't really matter because they are going to be in different houses.





I think I've discovered my inner Sylvia Weinstock!
(If you don't know who she is, then I suggest you go watch a few episodes of Platinum Weddings. Her cakes cost more than a car! I personally think people are nuts to waste that much money on a cake. It's made of eggs, flour, sugar, water. I'm just jealous that I can't come up with something that would have that big of profit margin.)

See what I mean! LOL! (I found these jewels the other day while cleaning out some stuff at Mom's) Wow! I think ole' Sylvia and I might be related.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails