anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

Terrific Textiles

Yesterday started out as a really rotten day for me. It had nothing to do with any of my friends or family, just a really foul tempered nurse. After shedding a few tears of frustration I did what anyone else in my situation would do... I went out for a little retail therapy. Thankfully Hobby Lobby wasn't playing the banjo revival music, or the funeral home cd that makes you want to cry. They had on a nice soft saxophone disk, which gave me a sigh of relief. Yes, me and all of my art buddies at the college are regulars up at Hobby Lobby, they have the largest selection of supplies in town. That is how I know their music selection. Besides everyone in town who's been there knows they tend to play their background music a bit too loud. (Side note... Did you know they started putting Christmas decorations out over there a month ago? I guess they didn't get the memo about at least waiting until "Christmas in July.") When I couldn't find what I had been looking for, I began to walk through the fabric department. I just love looking at textiles! I have even designed several patterns that I think would make neat fabric. Suddenly the shutterbug bit, and I decided to start taking pictures. There were so many beautiful pieces, and of course they look awesome all mixed and lined up together. Looking at these things helped me to relax and not feel so rotten. I just couldn't decide which pieces I liked best. "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."~Anne Frank









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails