anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Girls, Girls, Girls, and 1 Boy







My family is chock a block full of girls. There is only one or two boys sprinkled in each generation. For the most part, the only way our family gets boys is to marry them. Here's a little bit of my family tree...

Mom's Parent's (Papa & Honey) -3 Girls- Paula, Frankie, & Jamie

Paula- 2 girls Jacqueline & Jordan

Frankie-3 girls Catherine, Andrea, & Rachel

Jamie-2 BOYS 1 girl- Matthew, Paul, & Morgan

Catherine-3 girls Chloe, Molly, & Katie

Andrea- 3 girls 1BOY- Addison, Avery, Caroline, & Blake


.... Add that up starting with my Mom & her sisters- that's 15 girls & 3 boys. So far that's a 5 to 1 ratio.


My Dad's side of the family is a lot smaller, 5 girls & 1 boy (which happens to be my dad).


Personally I have some serious doubts about the whole 50/50 boy/girl stuff they try to teach in school. I think it may be as much a genetic predisposition as eye color. When I was working at my dad's OBGYN office there were so many times when based upon a woman's and her partner's family history you could very safely guess whether they were more likely to have a boy or girl. I knew one couple where the husband was the only boy out of 4 children, his wife had 2 sisters, and no brothers. They already had 4 girls & he was determined that #5 had to be a boy... yeah poor guy just ended up with another wedding to pay for in the future because as you could safely guess it turned out to be another girl. I seriously have to wonder in a situation like that... What are the real odds they would have a boy??... you know if they kept on like the Dugger family & had 20 (yikes!!!)

Without any further ponderings from me I just had to post some pictures of what I think are some of the cutest kids on earth! I'm not partial or anything like that ;)

Addison & Me






Addison Avery Molly Blake Katie sitting with Frankie - Honey in Pink Chloe (sacked out from playing ball) Lft to Rt Addison, Katie, Caroline, & the back side of Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails