anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I love Antique stores!




You never know what you will find in an antique store. Yesterday I got the little blue treasure for $5. It is an old Wedgwood style cameo pill box. It is a bride and groom walking through a garden-very romantic. The cameo pin on the left is the first one my Mom got me when I was a teenager, and until recently it was the only one I had. The cameo pill box on the right came in the mail from England last week (it actually took less time to get here from Buckingham shire, than it takes a letter to reach Idabel from Texarkana-which is only an hour's drive... does anyone understand our postal system?). I won it in an eBay auction for $12 shipping included, and get this... it is the real thing! A real shell cameo pill box- just like the one I wished I had gotten in Pompeii. Sometimes I go about getting my souvenirs the back way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails