anniversaries

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Charleston through the lens














This was my second time to go to Charleston, but my first time to actually get out and take in the city. The first time we had to do so much work for Jordan's wedding, that I never even got to take a drive through downtown! Now that I've finally gotten to experience it, I can see why Southern Living features the city in so many of its issues. The weather was unbelievable hot and humid. As an East Texas native I thought I knew a thing or two about humidity, but we don't have anything on "The Low Country." I'm talking about water running down your legs, and around your wrists humid. Anyone who wants to visit the Charleston should definitely do it between October and May because it is dangerously hot in the day time. I look forward to going back, and showing Jon some of the beautiful homes, basket weavers, art galleries, and the delicious food.
The famous Pineapple Fountain





Rainbow Row



The Citadel University where my cousin Matt goes



The Courtyard of Matt's Barracks



A bumpy Cobblestone Road in the Gaslight District




The Great Gatsby Car! XOXO





Shrimp at Hyman's Seafood Restaurant


My Sweetgrass baskets made by Celestine Ravenel age 74

She began weaving them when she was 5


A view of the Bay on Isle of Palm





The beach at Sullivan's Island



Folley Beach

4 comments:

  1. Jacueline: Your pictures are lovely - I can vouch for the heat there. You really have gone at the hottest time of the year. Still, Savannah, just below there, is even more humid and hotter. It's a lovely place though - one of the times we stayed at 2 Meeting Street and can't remember the others. 2 Mtg St was nice but not worth it - the food wasn't much.
    So glad you are enjoying yourselves. I have my English family here in Charlotte so we too are having fun!!!!
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! SC has made it to my places I want to go. I love how you capture the lines of the architecture, even on the buildings that did not seem to be traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys! I look forward to, and appreciate your comments! I have learned a lot about photography through doing art, so I try to take pictures of things as I would want to paint them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures and Charleston is a place I hope to visit soon. My aunt and uncle just moved there recently so I hope maybe next summer we can make a trip out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails